Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Three version's of Angel's Wings

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mykbyk95's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ..........

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pt91's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Help me understand this.
    I have three version's of angel's wings.
    One from the CD.
    One live with VERY different (early) lyrics.
    One acoustic.

    First - I don't where I got the acoustic version. I thought it was a bonus on the CD but can't find it there.

    Second - anyone know why Mike changed the lyrics so drastically from this live version? I assume it was an earlier version.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ January 21, 2006 12:46 AM: Message edited by: pt91 ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Wedge0chez's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The acoustic version is from the promo-only version of the SLRR album. Some record stores received promos of the album that featured 3 bonus tracks - Angel's Wings (acoustic), Shame On Me (2004 version) and Don't Take Me For Granted (radio edit). Also the disc label was a different color.

    As far as the lyric change, from what I remember, it was a result of a re-arrangement of the song. The original arrangement performed on the 2000-01 tour was different from the version released on the album. When the band began recording, Ness and Two-Bags re-structured the song and the lyrics were streamlined.

    I remember something being said about the original version with the "Welfare mother..." line. The song started out as a out on your own and spit in the face of conformity type thing. While those themes remain, in the released version the new lyrics are more personal, more anthemic and more optimistic which fits better with the whole tone of the album.

    I've grown to really like the studio version but the original still hits me. It's weird but I kind of look at them as two different songs.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Playpen Sxdx's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey pt91 could you send me the early live one, pleezzzzzz. my email is [email protected]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pt91's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Playpen Sxdx:
    Hey pt91 could you send me the early live one, pleezzzzzz. my email is [email protected]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Check your email

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ January 22, 2006 09:52 PM: Message edited by: pt91 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Playpen Sxdx's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Got it, thanks allot man.

  7. #7
    L U D E B O Y
    Guest L U D E B O Y's Avatar

    Post

    I wish they would not have changed the lyrics from the early versions. It was much better.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member BigErn72's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think I remember reading something where he said the new lyrics were more relatable to more people.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Dan 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2004
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    could anyone be so kind as to hook me up with 04 shame on me? I downloaded it with the album off soulseek about a month before sex love came out but I lost everything on my comp, I've seemed to have recovered everything except that track, I have just about every song except that one and I miss it, Id gladly trade anything, thanx in advance -Dan

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I felt the same way, especially right when the album came out- I'd gotten quite used to the welfare mother and it was one of my favorite songs. As time has gone by I've gotten used to the new one and I like the fact that there are two distinctly different versions of it out there; at least we've got recorded evidence of the original- it would suck if it was just a memory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •